Facilitating GroupsAt Care for the Family we are passionate about supporting families and couples. To equip people for working in groups with parents or supporting couple relationships we have developed essential high quality training.
This 2-day non-residential module is ideal for those in the faith, voluntary and statutory sectors who are working with or hope to work in supporting parents or couple relationship in groups, either formally or informally.
The training is both practical and interactive looking at key evidence based theories, research and also their practical application when working with adults.
This training is foundational in gaining a licence to deliver Care for the Family's courses.
* If you have completed previous training which covers these areas, with a recognised provider, it may not be necessary for you to attend this module. See APL (Approved Prior Learning) information below.
Facilitating GroupsThose attending will gain an understanding of the key theories and skills, and will be confident, to work with adult groups in formal or informal settings.
- Understand the principles and theories of group formation, stage and dynamics
- Understand how to negotiate and agree the scope and basis of group work
- Understand how to select strategies and materials to meet the needs of the group
- Understand the effective working of the group
- Understand how adults learn
- Statutory rate: £295.00 inc VAT
- Voluntary/individual: £225.00 inc VAT
- OCN accreditation fee (optional) : £120.00
Experience shows that these courses are most effective when two people work together. So we are pleased that we can offer, for every place booked, a second one at the special rate of £180 (voluntary rate) / £235 (statutory rate) inc VAT.
This course is accredited through the Open College Network for six credits at QCF Level 3. This is an optional extra and will be assessed through a portfolio of written evidence.
Approved Prior LearningIf you have already successfully completed training with another recognised provider, we may be able to approve your prior learning The training would have to be at Level 3 or equivalent and covering the essential topics in this module.
Please click here to complete an application form giving details of your prior learning or call us on 0292 081 0800
Please note that we are unable to make refunds against any cancellations. However, cancellation insurance is available. Details will be sent to you when you book. We regret that we are unable to accommodate babies and children at this event.
Please read our full terms and conditions before booking.
There are no events in the immediate future. Details of new dates and venues will be posted as soon as they are available, so please keep checking back.
You can also sign up for our regular email newsletter which includes information on upcoming events.