WHAT YOU'VE SAID
The tutors have brought a wealth of knowledge, woven with personal examples and illustrations that have ‘earthed’ the content and made it relevant, interesting and valuable.
Training with Care for the Family
At Care for the Family we are passionate about supporting families and couples. Part of that support is through the high-quality, accredited training and courses we offer to professionals and volunteers who work with them.
Our training events stand alone for those who want to develop their skills and knowledge but are also essential elements for anyone wanting to become a Licensed Facilitator of our courses. We continually review and update our training courses and are in the process of developing new modules for those working with couples. We offer optional accreditation through the Open College Network.
The training modules currently on offer are:
- Facilitating Groups - 2-days non-residential training, accredited at level 3 with The Open College Network
- Working with Parents - 2-days non-residential training, accredited at level 3 with The Open College Network and mapped to National Occupational Standards for Work With Parents.
- Working with Couples - e-learning module.
- Familiarisation Days - for our specialist courses.
Becoming a Licensed Facilitator
To deliver any of the Care for the Family/Positive Parenting courses, you need to have the appropriate Facilitator Licence which is issued following successful completion of our training.
* If you have completed previous training which covers these areas, with a recognised provider, it may not be necessary for you to attend this module. See APL (Approved Prior Learning) information below.
There are two types of licence:
- Core parenting licence - this enables you to deliver the core range of Time Out courses: For Parents; In the Early Years; In the Junior Years; In the Teenage Years; For Dads.
- Specialist licence - is available to those who hold a Core Licence AND have attended the relevant Familiarisation Day and is required to deliver: Time Out For Parents - Children with Special Needs; How to Drug Proof Your Kids; Quidz In
By becoming a Licensed Facilitator with Care for the Family you will receive on-going support via a freephone helpline, dedicated webpages and newsletters. You will also have the option to link in with our Parent Support Network. More details will be given during your training. Your Facilitator licence is valid for one year, to renew this you must deliver at least one course per year and return appropriate documentation to Care for the Family.
Approved Prior Learning
If you have already successfully completed training with another recognised provider, we may be able to approve your prior learning. The training would have to be at Level 3 or equivalent and covering the essential topics in this module.
Our trainers are widely experienced with a range of backgrounds and qualifications that include social work, education, health educators and SEN specialists. They all meet a minimum standard, being qualified to the Training Parent Educators (TPE) Award or equivalent and have practical experience of working with groups, supporting parents and couples and running parenting programmes.
We can arrange our training at a time convenient to your organisation, allowing you to arrange a suitable venue and catering.
- Modular Training
We are able to offer you our two core modules
- Tailored training
We can tailor our training to meet your specific requirements
If you would like to discuss the option of in-house training call us on 029 2081 0800.