This craft is suitable for all children although it might be safer to leave it off the stick for very young ones.
You will need:
How to make:
1. Cut out a rectangle, a triangle and a trapezoid and glue them together to make a simple rocket.
2. Decorate with glitter or sticky stars.
3. Cut long strips of crepe paper.
Top tip – for a quick and easy way to produce long lengths just cut across the end of the crepe paper without unrolling it.
4. Staple a few lengths of crepe paper to the bottom of the rocket as flames.
5. Attach to a garden cane or long straw so that it can swoop through the air with a fiery trail! (optional)
You can download a template for this craft activity here (PDF).