You will need:
- White paper
- Black marker pen
- Blue paint
- Paint brush
- Googly eyes
How to make:
- Fold the paper plate in half.
- Draw the whale’s tale, mouth and eye onto one side the paper plate – click on template 1 below. Cut out along the dotted lines.
- Fold one corner of the plate to form the flat part of the whale’s nose, and turn the folded bit inside out.
- Open out the plate and pull the whale’s tail up straight – click on template 2 below.
- Staple together the edges forming the bottom of the whale’s nose, so he can stand firm.
- Cut a small hole for the whale’s blowhole – click on template 3 below.
- Roll up a 4 cm square piece of white paper and glue in place. Cut half-way down the roll and feather out the tiny strips. This will be the water coming from the whale’s blow hole.
- Paint the whale’s body using the blue paint.
- Stick on two googly eyes.