You will need:
- A large stone/pebble (heavy enough to hold a door open)
- Coloured pens/pencils
- Glitter (optional)
- PVA glue – mixed with water to make a varnish
How to make:
- Select a stone/pebble which is large enough to hold a door open.
- Wash the stone and once it has completely dried, paint the entire stone in a base colour of your choice.
- Allow the base coat to dry completely.
- Use coloured pens/pencils to draw a picture on the stone. This can be as simple or complicated as you like (the picture is a guide for you to paint next) – we’ve drawn a lion.
- Use brightly coloured paint to bring your picture to life.
- Glitter can add an optional final sparkly flourish.
- Allow the picture to dry completely.
Once the stone has dried it is now ready to use as a doorstop.
- If you would like to add a final protective layer to stop the paint getting scuffed, mix together some PVA glue with water (one part glue to two parts water).
- Apply the PVA glue mix all over the stone. When this has dried it will provide a clear, shiny gloss to the finished doorstop.