Father’s Day treasure chest
A lovely Father’s Day present for children to make for their dads.
You will need:
- 1 empty egg box
- Brown poster paint (red and green paint mixed together will work)
- 1 gold pen or gold paint
- Tissue paper
- Paint brush
- Glitter, plastic jewels etc. for decoration (optional)
- PVA glue (if adding decorations)
- Treasures – pictures of child with their dad, shells from the beach, anything the child thinks is a treasure
How to make:
- Paint the egg box brown inside and out. This may require more than one coat to get the desired wood effect.
- Once the brown paint has dried, use either gold paint or a gold pen to add hinges and bolts to the box to make it look like an old treasure chest.
- Add glitter, plastic jewels etc. for further decoration (optional).
- Line the inside of the box with shredded tissue paper (red works really well for this).
- Arrange the ‘treasures’ inside and close the lid.