The Faithworks Charter
We will provide an inclusive service to our community by:
1. Serving and respecting all people regardless of their gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or physical and mental capability.
2. Acknowledging the freedom of people of all faiths or none both to hold and to express their beliefs and convictions respectfully and freely, within the limits of the UK law.
3. Never imposing our Christian faith or belief on others.
4. Developing partnerships with other churches, voluntary groups, statutory agencies and local government wherever appropriate in order to create an effective, integrated service for our clients avoiding unnecessary duplication of resources.
5. Providing and publicising regular consultation and reporting forums to client groups and the wider community regarding the effective development and delivery of our work and our responsiveness to their actual needs.
© Faithworks (administered by the Oasis Charitable Trust) 2002
Statement of Faith
Care for the Family is a national UK charity which strengthens and supports family life, on the foundations of Christian compassion and wisdom for living.
We are committed to supporting families of all faiths or none, with world-class services and resources that are delivered primarily, though not exclusively, through the Church.
Care for the Family has adopted a Christian Ethos statement. Our Equal Opportunities Policy includes facility for justifying that certain posts have an occupational requirement that they be occupied by people who can demonstrate a personal Christian faith. Our Volunteer Policy places the same requirement on certain volunteer roles.
Where this is the case prospective staff or volunteers would be asked to confirm that they assent to our statement of faith, which is summarised through the Nicene Creed.
We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.