A fun and healthy craft activity
You will need:
- A selection of fruit such as apples, bananas or pears for the body of the bug
- Twiglets or Matchmaker chocolates for legs
- Raisins or carrots for eyes
- Raisins for feet
- Crisps for wings
- Red or green grapes or a strip of carrot for tails
- Strawberries to decorate the shell
- Cocktail sticks
- Lemon juice
Children will love to make these bugs out of fruit – it’s a wonderful way of encouraging their imagination and creativity.
How to make:
1. Use your imagination to create several different types of creepy crawlies as examples to show the children (see the picture of ones we’ve made for some ideas).
2. Put a selection of the above fruit on the table for the children to make their own bugs.
3. Once completed, sprinkle some lemon juice over the fruit to stop it going black, especially the banana.