You will need:
Makes 12 truffles
- 225g (8oz) white, milk or plain chocolate drops
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoons sugar strands
- Small paper cases
- Tissue paper
How to make:
Numbers 1 – 3 need to be done by an adult.
1. Pour about 1” of water into a pan. Heat the pan until the water bubbles, then remove the pan from the heat.
2. Put the chocolate drops and cream into a heatproof bowl. Wearing oven gloves, carefully put the bowl into the pan.
3. Stir the chocolate and cream with a wooden spoon until the chocolate has melted. Carefully lift the bowl out of the water.
4. Leave the bowl to cool for 20 minutes, then stir in the vanilla. Put the mixture in a fridge for 1 ½ hours until it is solid.
5. Put the sugar strands onto a plate. Scoop up some chocolate mixture with a teaspoon and put it in the sugar strands.
6. Using your fingers, roll the spoonful of mixture in the strands to make a ball. When the ball is covered with strands, put it in a paper case.
7. Put the truffles onto a plate. Then, put them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, until they are completely hard.
8. Line each segment of the eggbox with a piece of tissue paper and place the paper case inside the eggbox.
9. Tie a beautiful ribbon around the outside of your eggbox.