A fun craft activity suitable for very young children!
This craft is suitable for all children although it might be safer to leave it off the stick for very young ones.
You will need:
- Brightly coloured card (fluorescent works well)
- Gluestick or PVA glue and spreader
- Glitter and sticky stars
- Red, orange and yellow crepe paper
- A garden cane or long (50cm) straw and sticky tape (optional)
How to make:
1. Cut out a rectangle, a triangle and a trapezoid and glue them together to make a simple rocket.
2. Decorate with glitter or sticky stars.
3. Cut long strips of crepe paper.
Top tip – for a quick and easy way to produce long lengths just cut across the end of the crepe paper without unrolling it.
4. Staple a few lengths of crepe paper to the bottom of the rocket as flames.
5. Attach to a garden cane or long straw so that it can swoop through the air with a fiery trail! (optional)
You can download a template for this craft activity here (PDF).