Add a ray of sunshine with this summer craft idea
You will need:
- Large paper plates
- A cardboard tube
- Yellow paint
- Brown tissue/crepe paper
- Green paper
- A pair of scissors
- PVA glue or glue stick
How to make:
1. Pencil leaf shapes around the outside of the paper plate.
2. Cut out around the leaf shapes.
3. Paint the whole of the plate in yellow paint.
4. Allow to dry for a bit, then scrunch up brown tissue/crepe paper and glue to the middle of the plate.
5. Cover the cardboard tube in green paper.
6. Sellotape the top of the sunflower to the cardboard tube.
7. Fold an A4 piece of paper (green) in half.
8 Draw a leaf shape on the fold, open out and sellotape to the tube. These will be the leaves of your sunflower.
Children should be adequately supervised during all craft activities. Use of these ideas is at the discretion of the group leaders. Care for the Family cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage which might result from their use.