Making time for you
Many have found that taking an entire weekend away in safe surroundings, where everything is catered for, is a time when they can begin to explore their feelings of sadness and loss.
During a Support Weekend, you will have time to seek help and advice from compassionate people who have also experienced the pain of losing a son or daughter. Listening to how others have started to rebuild their lives will give you hope and the assurance that you do not have to put on a brave face and cope on your own.
It is also an ideal opportunity to make caring friendships with people who you could turn to for understanding and support in the future.
Relax in comfort
Our Support Weekends take place in beautiful and relaxing settings providing opportunities to walk, take time out by yourself and be in the company of other parents who are facing similar challenges.
Time to learn from each other
During the weekend you will have opportunities to:
- Understand some of the different ways that men and women grieve
- Discover new ways to handle relationships
- Learn strategies to help you in your journey through loss
- Have time to talk about your son or daughter
- Participate in a time of thanksgiving to celebrate the life of your child