Interested in stewarding at an evening event?
Volunteer stewards are essential to the running and success of any event and we are extremely grateful to anyone wanting to help us. All will be working with Care for the Family staff and will never be left alone. Volunteers are not paid, but as you will be helping the event to run smoothly you will have free reserve seating and you will miss nothing of the event. Volunteers are requested to do their utmost to arrive at the venue in time for a 6.00 pm briefing and to be in position for doors open.
Volunteers may be required to do one of more of the following tasks:
- Taking tickets on the door
- Showing people to their seats
- Handing out delegate packs
- Helping manage people movement
- Handing out bottled water at the break
- Assisting the team on the resource/partners tables, before, during the break and for 15 minutes at the end of the event.
Volunteers will have access to the team room where refreshments will be made available (larger events only). If you would like to volunteer as a steward for any of our events then please contact our customer service team on 029 2081 0800 or fill out the form below.
Have a look at this video which gives a glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes at a Care for the Family event
Liz Sheridan, a recent volunteer steward, wrote: