Discovering how to become an inspirational, memory making, legacy leaving dad!
The Dad Connection is a five-week programme on roles, life and legacy. It has been designed specifically for dads and those who fulfil the role of a father. This resource is a discussion-based parenting course, giving dads the opportunity to consider the role of a father, what impact they have, and what steps they can take to ensure they leave their children a strong legacy.
The five-session programme consists of these sessions:
- Introduction: An overview for course leaders, including tips on how to prepare for your course and great ways to get dads to come along.
- Session 1 – Leaving a legacy: Helping men to understand how important fathers are to their children, what the role of a father is, and to explore the legacy they would like to leave their children.
- Session 2 – Tuning in: Helping men to understand that tuning into your children is a challenge and requires a conscious act of will and a degree of sacrifice.
- Session 3 – Making memories: Helping men to explore how they were fathered and how that defines themselves as fathers, and to consider how they would like to be remembered by their children.
- Session 4 – Inspiring respect: Helping men to identify what respect-inspiring characteristics they already have and which ones they might need to work on.
- Session 5 – Nurturing values and spiritual beliefs: Helping men to explore what values and beliefs they would want to pass on to their children, and ways of passing on those beliefs and values effectively.