For men who are courageous, risk-takers, survivors and irresistible – in other words, dads!
Daddy Cool! is a five-session parenting programme for dads and father figures. It’s not touchy, feely, pink and fluffy stuff. It’s about food, activity, competition and facing up to the challenges of being a dad. Working through crunchy subjects like making memories and inspiring respect is made easier by a relaxed takeaway meal at the heart of each session. At the end of a Daddy Cool! programme, take the group of dads with their children for a day out.
The five-session programme consists of these sessions:
- Introduction, which is an overview for course leaders including why to run a Daddy Cool! programme, how to prepare and tips for running the sessions.
- Session 1: Leaving a legacy, which helps men to understand how important fathers are to their children, what the role of a father is, and to explore the legacy they would like to leave their children.
- Session 2: Tuning in, which helps men to understand that tuning into your children is a challenge and requires a conscious act of will and a degree of sacrifice.
- Session 3: Making memories, which helps men to explore how they were fathered and how that defines themselves as fathers, and to consider how they would like to be remembered by their children.
- Session 4: Inspiring respect, which helps men to identify what respect-inspiring characteristics they already have and which ones they might need to work on.
- Session 5: Nurturing values and spiritual beliefs, which helps men to explore what values and beliefs they would want to pass on to their children, and ways of passing on those beliefs and values effectively.