Supporting bereaved people in a church or wider community is a privilege, but sometimes a daunting task for church leaders and lay people.
Bereavement Care Awareness
We hope that our training for churches will help you feel more equipped to better support bereaved people in your church and local community.
The aims of the training are to help you:
- Develop your knowledge of how bereavement affects people
- Understand better the process of grieving
- Consider the practical and emotional support you can give to a bereaved person
- Explore the importance of supportive listening and identify barriers to communication
- Identify ways your church can support bereaved people in your community