Supporting bereaved people in a church or wider community is a privilege, but sometimes a daunting task for church leaders and lay people.
Bereavement Care Awareness
Our training course to help churches support bereaved people will give you all the tools you need to support bereaved people in your local community.
The aim is that at the end of the course participants will have gained:
- An understanding of the impact bereavement has in people’s lives and
the different ways in which individuals commonly respond
- An understanding of your own experience and reactions to bereavement
- An understanding of the basic needs of bereaved people
- The ability to identify the skills, structure and safeguards needed to
provide appropriate levels of support to bereaved people within the
context and boundaries of what might be possible within your church
- Knowledge of the range and types of bereavement support services
available nationally to be able to signpost bereaved people