What is a Gift Aid Declaration?

If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim Gift Aid amounting to 25p for every £1 you give to Care for the Family from the tax you have already paid. So £10.00 becomes £12.50 at no extra cost to you. You make a declaration when you let us know that you are a taxpayer and that you would like us to reclaim this extra money on your gifts. Gift Aid can be claimed on one-off donations and regular giving like Direct Debits and Standing Orders.

On the website – when giving a one-off or regular donation online, you will be given the option to make a Gift Aid Declaration with your donation.

By email – Simply download our Gift Aid Declaration Form (here), fill in and email it to is using partners@cff.org.uk

By phone – call the Supporter Relations Team on (029) 2081 0800 to let us know that you would like us to reclaim tax on your gifts. We will then send you a letter confirming your declaration for you to check over and keep for your records. If you are happy with it, there is no need to take any further action.

By post – many Care for the Family leaflets have a small section with a tick box and space for your name and address, which you can simply fill in and return to us. This gives us the authority to claim Gift Aid on your behalf. Alternatively, you can download our Gift Aid Declaration Form here. Post us your form by writing FREEPOST CFF on an envelope (no stamp or further address details required).

Tax can be reclaimed on any gift, no matter how large or small, and you do not have to commit yourself to giving a certain amount or to giving regularly.

Yes, you just need to make sure that the donations are coming from a bank account that has the taxpayer’s name on it (either their own account, or a joint account).

No, you only have to do it once, and that one declaration will allow us to claim tax on all your future gifts. We are also able to reclaim tax on any donations you may have already made in the current and previous six years.

You can cancel a Declaration at any time – just contact us by telephone, post or email.

If you stop paying tax, perhaps due to retirement or redundancy, let us know and we will cancel the Gift Aid Declaration for you and make sure that we do not claim tax on any future gifts you may make.

The Gift Aid Declaration system has replaced the old Deed of Covenant scheme. If you have a Deed of Covenant, please would you consider making a Gift Aid Declaration? It will mean that we can continue to reclaim tax on your donations.

For more information on Gift Aid visit: https://www.gov.uk/donating-to-charity/gift-aid
Skip to content Skip to content